Delivery cost and Delivery surcharge
Delivery Cost and Delivery Surcharges can be applied in a number of ways. There is a priority order in which these charges are applied as defined here:
- If Customer Delivery charge is set (Contacts > Customer), then it will apply to every order. No surcharges can apply.
- If Company Delivery Charge is set (Contacts > Company) and there is no Customer Delivery charge, then the Company delivery charge will apply to every order. No surcharges will apply.
- If Delivery Postcodes are enabled (Settings > Delivery Postcodes), the Delivery postcode charge will apply. Delivery Surcharges can also apply. (see below).
- If none of the above apply, then you can specify a default delivery cost (Settings > Customer Orders) which will be added to every order. Surcharges may apply.
- Delivery surcharge can be set on Settings > Customer Orders in the daily times table.
- Customers using multiple sites, can override the surcharges at site level (Settings > Sites) or leave the values blank to use the default setting(Settings > Customer Orders).
- If you wish to apply surcharge for weekend delivery then you can enter it into the table. For no surcharge leave the field blank.
Note: Leaving a field blank is different from entering 0. For example if you set a specific Customer's Delivery charge to 0 he will never get any delivery charge. If you leave it blank instead, then he will be subject to any delivery charges or surcharges which may apply.