Scheduled Reports allow you to automatically email reports on a recurring schedule. For example, you could schedule a Production Log to be emailed to your kitchen every morning, or email a monthly sales report to management.
To schedule a report:
- Click the arrow icon next to the Reports tab, then click Report Schedules.
- Click Add Report Schedule from the page menu bar.
- Fill in each of the fields. A description of each field is provided below:
- Name: Enter a name for the report schedule that describes the schedule, e.g. "Daily production log". The name is for your own reference only.
- Report: Select the report that you want to schedule.
- Email: The email address that you want the report to be sent to. For multiple email addresses, see the next field below.
- CC: Enter one or more additional email addresses that the report will be CC'd to - separate each email address with a comma.
- Start Date: Enter the date from which the report schedules should begin sending. Note: This field has no effect on the report data itself - see Filters below.
- End Date: (Optional) Enter the date when you want the report schedules to stop sending. To email reports indefinitely, leave this field blank.
- Format: Select the format that you would like the report to be attached as (e.g Excel, PDF).
- Recurrence: Select a recurrence option for the frequency of when reports will be sent (Daily, Weekly or Monthly).
- Daily: Enter the time of day at which the report will be emailed. Also select whether weekends should be ignored from the schedule.
- Weekly: Select the day of the week at which the report will be emailed. Also enter the time of day.
- Monthly: You report will be sent on the 1st day of each month. Enter the time of day at which the report will be emailed.
- Date or From Date. Enter the number of days from the run date of the schedule. For example, if a report is sent on 1st March, the run date is 1st March:
- To provide a report for that days orders, you would set the number of days to zero (0).
- To provide a report for the next days orders, you would set the number of days to 1.
- To provide a report for the previous days orders, you would set the number of days to -1.
- To Date. As per Date & From Date above, however the number of days will affect the To Date of the report. E.g:
- To provide a report of the next 7 days of orders, set the From Date number of days to 0 and the To Date number of days to 6.
Your Report Schedule will be active immediately and the selected report will be emailed when the recurrence rules are met.