To enter each item available for each meal for each day for each week for each Meal Rotation can be very time consuming, so we have provided a facility to allow you to import items from a Spreadsheet.
Follow these steps:
- go to the Settings Menu (click the word Settings in the top right of your screen in FoodStorm)
- Under the FoodStorm logo on the top left side of your screen you now click the words 'Import & Export'
- Hover the mouse over 'Import' at the top left side of your screen, and select 'Meal Rotation' from the pop-up menu
- Download the inport template and save it to somewhere you will be able to remember with a filename of your choosing.
- Fill in the template. The 'DAY' column is a numbered day so for a three week Rotation you will use from day 1 up to 21
- The Meal column should contain the name of the meal (eg Lunch). The meal must exist for the import to be successful! (you can add them from Settings/Meals if required)
- The Item column contains the choice (e.g. Porridge).
- When you have entered all the items for all the meals for all the days, save the file.
- Return to FoodStorm and from the settings/import & Export/Import /Meal Rotation screen (where we were before in step 4 above) you can now enter the filename of your rotation. You get a progeess bar as the file is uploaded.
- when you click the 'Save' button, the file will start to be be imported. As it says it can be 15 minutes before the import will be completed, and you will get an email informing you about progress.
Thats the import complete, however there are a few things to note.
If an Item does not exist, then it will be created under category 'Imported', if it does exist then it will be found and used.
It is pprobably not best to have items under category 'Imported', and we recommend that you actually import all new items separately as items. (see Importing an Item)
You will receive an email after the import letting you know if it worked (or not). If not then our support team will also be sent an email, and we will endevour to find out why the impot failed.