FoodStorm allows you to provide one or more purchase order options to your customers via Purchase Order Types. Below are some examples of a purchase order type:
- Purchase Order. The simplest example, where a customer must provide a purchase order number.
- ID Card. In cases where purchase orders are charged through an ID card system.
- Cost Centre. In cases where customers must select a cost centre to charge to.
These are just examples, and the name of the purchase order type can be whatever is relevant to your customers.
Within a Purchase Order Type, you can then provide one or more fields that customers must fill in, that are relevant to that type, for example:
- PO Number
- ID Card Number
- Cost Centre Name
Again, the names of the fields can be whatever is relevant to your customers.
To create a Purchase Order Type:
- Before creating the purchase order type itself, you must first create the fields that you want to be available within the type. This is done via Customer Order Fields. If you are already using customer order fields, then create additional fields for your purchase order types.
- If you have added new Customer Order Fields, sign out of FoodStorm, then back in again for the changes to take effect.
- Click Settings to view the Settings page, then click Purchase Order Types.
- Click Add.
- Enter the name of the Purchase Order Type.
- In the Fields table, select the Customer Order Fields that are relevant to this purchase order type.
- Click Save.
Repeat for any additional purchase order types.