Signing Up with a Payment Provider
If you'd like your customers to pay for orders via your shopping cart, you first need to sign up with a payment provider who will process your payments and put the money into your bank account. Payment providers charge a fee for processing payments, and usually have a range of pricing plans available.
A wide range of current Payment providers are available from the Plugins page (Settings/Plugins). Please visit the Plugins page and follow the links for more information on the payment providers shown there.
Linking your Payment Provider with FoodStorm
- Sign into FoodStorm and click Settings.
- Click on the Payment settings, then click Edit.
- Click Accept Credit Cards if it's not ticked already, then under Online Payment select your payment provider from the list.
- Depending on the payment provider you selected, you will need to enter a few bits of information as displayed on the screen. You should have been given this information when you followed the steps for signing up with your payment provider. If you don't have this info, refer back to the instructions for your payment provider by clicking one of the Find out more links above.
- If you've also signed up with a PayPal account, click Accept PayPal and enter the required information. If you don't have this information, refer back to our help article on setting up PayPal.
- Click Save.
Enabling Online Payment on your Shopping Cart
- Go to the Settings page in FoodStorm.
- Click on the Shopping Cart settings, then click Edit.
- Click Online Payment Enabled. Here you have a few options:
- Upfront payment is mandatory. If this is set to Yes, then customers must pay for an order before it can be placed. If this is set to No, then customers are given a Pay Later option when placing their order; allowing orders to be placed without payment.
- Allow invoiced orders to be paid online. If this is set to Yes, then customers can pay for an order via your shopping cart once they receive an invoice. Here's how the customer can pay an invoice:
- The customer signs into your shopping cart with their customer account.
- They click the Your Account link, then click Orders.
- They will then see a list of all their recently placed orders. Any order that has been invoiced and not yet paid will have a Pay button displayed.
- The customer clicks Pay, then enters their credit card details (or they can use their PayPal account if you've enabled PayPal).
- The customer receives a receipt via email.
- Email notification of paid invoices. You can optionally supply an email address where a notification will be sent each time a customer pays an invoice through your shopping cart.