You can create up to 20 custom fields that will allow you to store additional information against a customer order. These custom fields appear when adding a customer order on the orders page, and can also optionally be displayed on your shopping cart for your customers to provide the additional information.
To add a custom order field:
- Click Settings.
- On the settings page, click Customer Order Fields.
- Click Add.
- Enter the name of the field.
- Optionally enter a group name to group a number of fields under the same heading. To group fields together, each field must have the same group name, and must be in a sequential order.
- Select a field number from the list of available fields. Each field can only be used once.
- Select a field type for users to enter the information.
- Select if the field is mandatory.
- Select if you want the field displayed on your shopping cart.
- Click Save.