From time to time you may want to run a promotion. For example you could advertise that the first 100 orders in the month of December receive a 20% discount, or you could offer free delivery for orders over $50.
FoodStorm can handle promotions automatically via your shopping cart.
To create a promotion in FoodStorm:
- From the Items menu select Add a promotion.
- Enter a promotion code (any mix of characters that you choose e.g. ChrBon2013) and a descriptive name e.g. Christmas Promotion Bonus 2013.
- Specify the start and end dates during which time the promotion will apply. The promotion will not be available outside of these dates.
- You can optionally specify a minimum order amount (e.g. $50.00).
- You can specify the maximum limit on the total number of promotions e.g. 100. Only the first hundred customers will obtain the benefit of the promotion.
- You can specify the maximum limit per person (normally you would set this to 1, i.e. One offer per person).
- Specify the percentage discount.
- Select whether or not this promotion will offer free delivery.
- If you are happy with your promotion then click Save and exit.
Note that your promotions will not become available until you enable promotions for your shopping cart. Here's how:
- From the Items menu, select Promotions. This will display a list of all your promotions and the Promotion status of each one.
- Click the Settings button on the menu bar of the Promotions page (not the main Settings page).
- Enable promotions and click Save.
As soon as Promotions are enabled, customers can enter promo codes via your shopping cart.