Adding Staff Positions to an Order
You can add staff positions to an order, e.g. Waiters, Chefs, Flame Juggling Dancers & more. Before you can start adding positions to an order, you first need to set up your positions via the Contacts page.
To add a staff position to an order:
- On the Orders page, create a new customer order, or edit an existing order.
- Below the table where you enter your items, click the Staff button. A second table will appear for entering staff.
- In the Position column, enter a staff position, e.g. Waiter, then press the Tab key on your keyboard to move to the next column.
- In the Qty column, enter how many staff are required for this position, then press Tab.
- In the From & To columns, enter the start & end times for the staff, e.g. 6.00pm to 8.00pm. Tip: If your staff need to work beyond midnight, then you can enter the To time as the time in the morning that they will finish. FoodStorm will automatically calculate the correct hours.
- In the Rate column, select the rate you want to charge - this will automatically update the price & total.
- You can repeat these steps to add additional staff to the order.
Fill in all the other order details, then click Save.
Allocating Employees to an Order
Once you've added the required staff to an order, you can then allocate your employees to each required position. This can be done as soon as you've created the order, or at a later date a little closer to when the event is occurring.
Note that before you can do this, you need to have added your employees to FoodStorm, and linked them to positions.
To allocate employees to an order:
- Locate the order on the Orders page and click on it.
- Click the Staff button against the order, the Staff page will be displayed.
- You'll see a list of all of the shifts that need to be filled for the order, with an Employee column where you can allocate your employees. There are 2 ways to allocate staff:
- If you already know who you want to work in each position, you can just type their name into the Employee fields.
- If you're not sure who to allocate, you can click the Available Staff heading on the page. This will then show a list of all employees who are linked to the particular position. If the employee is not allocated to another order for the same time, the Available column will show a green tick; otherwise it will show a red X indicating that the employee is unavailable. Just click on an available employee to allocate them to the selected shift.
A quick note about emailing shifts: If you ever need to change some of the employees linked to a shift, when Send Email is ticked then FoodStorm will only email the employees where their shift details have changed. Any shift that is left untouched will not be re-emailed to an employee.
Viewing your Upcoming Shifts & Allocated Employees
We've written another help article about this, read the article here.
These features are available on the max plan and the catering edition.