You can record a payment for an order in FoodStorm, e.g. a deposit payment or a full payment for the balance of an order. Here's how to record a payment:
- On the Orders page, click on the order you want to add the payment to.
- Click on the Pay button.
- Enter the date the payment was made.
- Select the payment method from the drop down.
- Optionally enter a surcharge (if you've set up default surcharges on the Payment settings page, then it will be set automatically here)
- Enter the amount being paid. For convenience, any outstanding deposit amount and any outstanding balance amount are displayed on the page. Just click on one of these if that is the amount being paid.
- Click Save.
The payment is now recorded at the bottom of the order. Multiple payments can be added to an order if required. When exporting your invoices to your accounting software you can select which bank account or asset account you want the funds deposited into.
This feature is available on the standard plan & above on the production, distribution & catering editions of FoodStorm.