Xero is an easy to use online accounting package for customers worldwide. FoodStorm integrates with Xero so that your orders, customers & payments are automatically transferred from FoodStorm into Xero.
This article assumes you've already signed up for an account with Xero and have login access to the Xero system.
Setup (a one-off process)
In order for FoodStorm to talk to Xero, you need to authorise your company in Xero to receive updates from FoodStorm. Here is how to do it
- In FoodStorm, click Settings > Plug-ins.
- Activate the Xero plugin by clicking Activate.
- Enter your UserID and Password for your Xero account.
- This will connect you to Xero, and you will be asked to select which account is to be updated by FoodStorm, which you do by selecting the target one from the dropdown List.
- Click Authorise and you will be returned to FoodStorm, where you press Save.
Log out of FoodStorm then back in again for the new plugin to be activated.
Regular Accounting (performed regularly)
- Log into FoodStorm, and click Settings.
- Click Import & Export at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Export and from the drop-down list click Export to Xero.
- Select the dates between which you wish to export your orders (The first time you do this choose a single date, just to make sure everything is set up correctly).
- Click Next and wait while FoodStorm communicates with Xero. When complete, you will be presented with a list of items, customers, orders & payments which will be imported. For any customer or item that has not been previously exported to Xero you will be asked to provide a Xero name, note that this is a one-off process for each customer & item.
- Once you are ready click Import.
Your data will be transferred to Xero, this may take a minute depending on how much data you are transferring.