MailChimp (www.mailchimp.com) is a great online tool for sending email newsletters and other marketing material. MailChimp has affordable pricing plans, including a free plan suitable for many companies.
Once you've created an account with MailChimp, FoodStorm can automatically synchronise your contacts with a MailChimp List (Note that your FoodStorm contacts will be added to MailChimp, but MailChimp contacts will not be added to FoodStorm).
We now have a separate List for Customers and Leads, so two lists will be required henceforth.
Enabling MailChimp Sync
To set up FoodStorm to sync your contacts with MailChimp, follow these steps:
- In MailChimp, ensure you have created a Customer List for your FoodStorm contacts to go into.
- In MailChimp, also create a List for your Leads.
Important Note! Any contacts not in FoodStorm will be deleted from these lists! We recommend creating lists just for your FoodStorm Customers/Leads, and put any other contacts into a different list in MailChimp.
- Now in FoodStorm, click Settings > Plugins > MailChimp > Activate.
- You need to connect FoodStorm to your MailChimp account. To do this, click Connect FoodStorm to your MailChimp account...
- Enter your MailChimp username & password on the next page, then click Connect.
- You'll then be taken back to the Sync with MailChimp page. Tick the Sync with MailChimp checkbox.
- In the Customer List Name field, type the name of the List of Customers you created in MailChimp.
- In the Lead List Name field, type the name of the List of Leads you have created in MailChimp.
- Click Save.
Disabling MailChimp Sync
- In FoodStorm, click Settings > Plugins > MailChimp > Deactivate.
- Un-tick the Sync with MailChimp checkbox.
- Click Save.