Importing orders into MYOB AccountRight Live
MYOB AccountRight Live is an easy to use online accounting package for customers worldwide. FoodStorm integrates with MYOB AccountRight Live so that your orders, customers & payments are automatically transferred from FoodStorm into MYOB AccountRight Live.
This article assumes you've already signed up for an account with MYOB AccountRight Live and have login access to the MYOB AccountRight Live system.
Setup (a one-off process)
In order for FoodStorm to talk to MYOB AccountRight Live, you need to authorise your company in MYOB AccountRight Live to receive updates from FoodStorm. Here is how to do it
- In FoodStorm, click Settings > Plug-ins.
- Activate the MYOB AccountRight Live plugin by clicking Activate.
- Click the link 'Connect FoodStorm to the MYOB Account...', where you will be asked to log into your own MYOB account.
- This will connect you to MYOB AccountRight Live , and you will be asked to authorise the account is to be maintained by FoodStorm.
- When completed you will be returned to FoodStorm where you enter the CompanyFile Username and Password for your MYOB AccountRight Live account. (The default Username is Administrator).
- Click Authorise and you will be returned to FoodStorm, where you press Save.
Log out of FoodStorm then back in again for the new plugin to be activated.
Regular Accounting (performed regularly)
- Log into FoodStorm, and click Settings.
- Click Import & Export at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Export and from the drop-down list click Export to MYOB AccountRight Live.
- Select the dates between which you wish to export your orders (The first time you do this choose a single date, just to make sure everything is set up correctly).
- Click Next and wait while FoodStorm communicates with MYOB AccountRight Live. When complete, you will be presented with a list of items, customers, orders & payments which will be imported. For any customer or item that has not been previously exported you will be asked to provide a MYOB AccountRight Live name, note that this is a one-off process for each customer & item.
- Once you are ready click Import.
Your data will be transferred to MYOB AccountRight Live, this may take a minute depending on how much data you are transferring.
Important Note if your prices are exclusive of Tax (GST)
- FoodStorm will send invoices into MYOB as "includes tax", and we provide the unit prices & totals as including GST.
- In some cases, the invoice line items in MYOB will be rounded to 4 decimals - this is to ensure that the invoice total matches the FoodStorm total exactly.
- In some cases, the GST amount of an invoice in MYOB will not match FoodStorm exactly (i.e. it may be off by 1 cent). This is because MYOB now calculates tax differently to FoodStorm. Be assured however that the Order Totals in FoodStorm will exactly match the order total in MYOB AccountRight Live.