You can prevent your customers from placing orders for certain dates, such as public holidays, via the Shopping Cart settings in FoodStorm. Here's how:
- Click the Settings menu in FoodStorm (you need to be an Administrator to see this).
- Expand the Shopping Cart section and click Edit.
- Under the Availability heading, enter the date range that you don't want customers to place orders.
Tip: If you want to prevent just a single day, then enter the same date for both the from date & to date.
- Enter a message that will be displayed to the customer on your shopping cart. This message should describe why you are closed, and will be displayed in the following places:
- On the home page of your shopping cart, from 1 week prior to the from date, until the to date.
- If the customer attempts to place an order for a date within this range, the message will be displayed again and the order cannot be placed.
- Click Save. The change will be effective immediately.
Note that once the to date has passed, the message will be automatically hidden - so you don't need to worry about turning the setting off.