FoodStorm integrates with Reckon Accounts Hosted so that your orders, customers & payments are automatically transferred from FoodStorm into Reckon Accounts.
This article assumes you've already signed up for an account with Reckon Accounts Hosted and have login access to your Reckon Accounts Company File.
Setup (a one-off process)
In order for FoodStorm to talk to Reckon Accounts Hosted, you need to authorise your FoodStorm to access your Reckon Accounts Company File. Here is how to do it
- Firstly you need to find out the Location of your Reckon Accounts Company File (your .QBW file). An easy way of finding this out is to log into Reckon Accounts Hosted, open your company file, then click File > Open Previous Company. You will then see the location of your company file in the menu - write this down, it will look similar to Q:\Your Company File.QBW.
- Next, ensure that all Admin users are logged off from Reckon Accounts. This is very important otherwise FoodStorm will not be able to connect to your company file. To log off from Reckon Accounts, click File > Close Company/Logoff.
- Back in FoodStorm, click Settings > Plug-ins.
- Activate the Reckon Accounts plugin by clicking Activate.
- Click the link Connect FoodStorm to your Reckon Accounts Hosted account, where you will be asked to log into Reckon Accounts.
- Follow the steps presented by Reckon Accounts to authorise FoodStorm to access your company file.
- When completed you will be returned to FoodStorm where you need to enter the following info:
Company File Location: This is the location you wrote down in step 1, e.g. Q:\Your Company File.QBW - ensure you enter this perfectly, being careful of any spaces in your file name.
Company File Admin Username: This is the Admin username you use to access your Reckon company file - note this is not to be confused with your Reckon Accounts username - your default admin username is Admin.
Company File Admin Password: The password associated with your company file Admin account - by default the password is blank, in which case you can leave this field blank.
- Once all fields are filled in, click Save.
- Log out of FoodStorm then back in again for the new plugin to be activated.
Transferring Data (performed regularly)
- Log into FoodStorm, and click Settings.
- Click Import & Export at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Export and from the drop-down list click Export to Reckon Accounts Hosted.
- Select the dates between which you wish to export your orders (The first time you do this choose a single date, just to make sure everything is set up correctly).
- Click Next and wait while FoodStorm communicates with Reckon Accounts. When complete, you will be presented with a list of items, customers, orders & payments which will be imported. For any customer or item that has not been previously exported you will be asked to provide a Reckon Accounts Name and Account, note that this is a one-off process for each customer & item.
- Once you are ready click Import.
Your data will be transferred to Reckon Accounts Hosted, this may take up to several minutes depending on how much data you are transferring.